If your organization distributes information about employment opportunities to job seekers or refers job seekers to employers, and would like to receive job vacancy notices for WBEX WKKJ WCHI WQLX, please provide WBEX WKKJ WCHI WQLX with the name, mailing address, e-mail address (if applicable), telephone number, fax number, and contact person and identify the category or categories of vacancies for which you would like information specified above to the following person at WBEX WKKJ WCHI WQLX
Dan Latham, Market Manager
P.O. Box 94
Chillicothe, Ohio 45601
It is the policy of WBEX WKKJ WCHI WQLX to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, in all personnel actions.
Account Executive Job Description Chillicothe,OH 1/16/2014
Clear Channel Communications, Inc. is the world’s largest radio and outdoor advertising company with leading market positions in each of its two business segments: Media & Entertainment and Outdoor. Clear Channel is also one of the most innovative media players in the market – a leader in the converging media space, having developed best-in-class integrated media offers (e.g. Radio/Web) and having built significant positions in the HD arena.
The Account Executive is responsible for building relationships and selling Clear Channel assets as marketing solutions. This opening is for Radio Stations WBEX, WKKJ, WCHI, and WQLX in Chillicothe Ohio and the stations respective web sites ,digital programming, and events. They will acquire, retain and deepen customer relationships. Account Executives proactively meet face-to-face and over the phone with customers to promote and sell advertising air time to generate revenue. The Account Executive creates revenue by having a deep understanding of their clients’ needs and the local marketplace. While there will be established accounts the Account Executive will obtain new business.
Position requires time in the office and outside the office on sales calls. Candidate must be willing to relocate to local area.
- Generate revenue and meet / exceed established sales targets.
- Develop new leads by cold calling and obtaining face to face appointments.
- Attain new business accounts and sponsorships
- Translate market & station business strategies into specific actions that generate sales & revenue.
- Monitor competitive media to continually prospect for new account leads.
- Market, sell, and service advertising air time.
- Maintain an organized format on each sales call, covering all important topics: client marketing analysis, target consumer needs, benefits sought, assignments, and follow-up.
- Provide regular reports to Sales Manager regarding prospective sales orders, daily call sheets, itineraries, new prospect lists, forecasts, and competition analysis.
- Service client accounts including preparing sales orders and production requests, resolve billing discrepancies, assist in account collections.
- Follow station/company practices/policies for processing, invoicing, calculation of sales.
- Establish, maintain, and deepen relationships with existing client base & agencies.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with corporate, advertising, and public relations communities.
- Solicit funding for broadcast and non-broadcast projects, special events, web streaming, and other off-air projects.
- Develop presentations to corporations and agencies designed to sell marketing solutions.
Required Skills/Education & Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least three years’ experience in a successful sales role (radio experience a plus) preferred
- Ability to grow the business & find new revenue opportunities, and create productive, long-term customer relationships.
- Prior demonstrated prospecting experience through cold calling, networking, and meeting functions.
- Proven track record of reaching sales targets and revenue goals.
- Knowledge of sales principles and practices.
- Knowledge of radio and digital advertising platforms
- Entrepreneurial & motivated self-starter.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multi task in a fast paced environment.
- Self-motivated, assertive, performs well in a competitive sales environment
- Flexible and creative, with an ability to handle stress, deadlines, and financial pressures.
- Ability to design, delivers, and successfully executes targeted marketing plans and presentations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Keyboarding and MS Office skills required.
- Professional appearance and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively in a team setting.
- Ability to travel in local and regional area. Valid driver’s license and state mandated automobile insurance and provide own, reliable transportation.
- Understanding of local markets, customers, and competitors preferred.
Clear Channel offers a competitive commission-based compensation package.
All Applications must be completed on line
Use Job code 2880
Click on “Join Our Team”
Search under state “Ohio”
Clear Channel is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.